electrical advice needed..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i asked the guy i bought it from which lead went onto the +ve battery terminal and he said black.....i used the red one when i tried starting up for the first time...i think im also going to get a current tester and try some of the tests for shorts and open circuits that have been recommended on here...still need to find a home for this odd lead off the back of the distributor cap first..

do you have any more pics dude, like from the top over the dizzy to see the black lead?
there should only be a green one coming from the dizzy..
also does any of the coil rest on the body work it looks very close :|
do you have two barrels on your dizzy?

also have you had it running yet??

it'd also be worth checking behind the glove back at the fuse box to make sure no wires have fallen off.... i got my van with a melted loom and turned out a wire had fallen of the fuse box and shorting out....

if your connecting your battery + then - and the terminal sparks when you connect the - then you have an open circuit... do you have a working interior light when a doors open? or anything turned on when you connect up? not really a worry but if, when the vans fully working you get flat batteries often this will be the problem...

either way check check an check everything again, before you connect the battery an take it for a spin just to make sure its all ok an everything were its suppose to

online somewhere, maybe the samba ones you've already seen i cant remember, but theres a coloured diagram that may be of more use

Brum Brum, finally started!! only problem is I've fried the alternator..where is the best place to get a replacement?

Thanks everyone for their help..

Latest posts