engine bay roof lining.what's best?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve92

Reaction score
just wondered what peeps are using for lining the roof of the engine bay. have the og mats in but they are all warped, so want to replace them, but not sure what to use? any thoughts?

Look for a later model donor. I just broke Madonna (my donor) and because it was a 72, it had nice fibreglass packs and metal cage like / holed supports. These will be going in to my bus 1970 once I open up the engine bay and do the rear corners at the same time. The original tar paper seems like it`s in short supply for the OG stuff as it`s hard to save. Someone had a bit of a thread going with some new type of stuff to directly replace the tar paper / cardboard . Even that was proving tricky to lay your hands on, oh apparantly the later fibreglass packs cut the noise / racket down a little as well, now whether that`s good or bad is your decision. Someone else may have some better ideas, so watch this space / thread. ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, I kinda like the noise, :roll: ;) :roll:

Latest posts