engine fitment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murf

Reaction score
my first post so here goes,i own a 72 bay crossover year,it has a1641 in it,but lacks a bit more oomph on the mway,ive been offered a 2.0 engine complete out of a late bay,will it fit, can it fit ,has anyone got one in their bus 72 that is i could talk too!!!or can anyone advise on a larger engine without alot of hasstle!!!!

many thanks murf.

is the 2.0ltr a pancake engine?? e.g. flat type 4 on the later bay models - if so, engine mounts will need to be changed and a few other bits that are hassle

why not beef up the 1641?? add a engle 110 cam and some nice twin carbs and it should pull like a train 8)

dagboyblue said:
is the 2.0ltr a pancake engine?? e.g. flat type 4 on the later bay models - if so, engine mounts will need to be changed and a few other bits that are hassle

why not beef up the 1641?? add a engle 110 cam and some nice twin carbs and it should pull like a train 8)

This man hit the nail on the head 8)

you will need a 2lt gearbox or bell housing,its bigger than the type 1,got one fitted to my engine stand so can fit type 1 and 4 motors ,good to run them up before fitting :!:
big up your 1641 less work,cost of 2 type 4 heatexchangers and silencer would pay best part of carb kit or cam or big cc pistons.

getting the motor itself out and in will be abit more awkward on a cross over than an early bay because earlys have the removable rear valance. nothing to major though to swap lumps

Latest posts