Engine flush

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt48

Reaction score
Hi

about to do the annual oil change, has anyone used an engine flush before the new oil goes in, or is it a big no no?

Not so much of a no no, but a bit of an unneccesary thingy if you do it annually, plus I`m in the ``not a fan`` of flushing camp, unless there is a specific reason. I like oily oil in by my oiled bits and not flushy stuff.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, I`d worry about getting it all out :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

If you want to keep the inside of the engine clean You’d be better off changing the oil twice a year rather than using engine flush. I’ve seen adverse effects of that stuff, my mate put some in his engine and a about a week later it seized due to bits of loosened up deposits being dragged around the main & big end bearings. If your engine is still fairly new then change the oil more regularly and use a top quality oil to keep it in good shape. I change the oil in my stroker every 2000 miles or so. Costs me a bit more each year but when I took it apart after 30000 odd miles to put switch to hotter cam and heads the internals were as good as the day it was originally built.

Thanks, I am only doing 1500- 2000 a year because of cycling to work and running my golf. Oil change only then!!!

Latest posts