Engine Idles then slowly drops out?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggy

Reaction score
Hello, just a quick question, if the above happens, but you have no air leaks, but you have had to take off the throttle plate off your carb (34PICT/3) and put it back on, can this plate be only set in one place or is it moveable? if so could I be running too rich and this is why it could be dropping out :D the engine is nice and smooth, works amazingly to be honest lots of power through the whole rang, its just the idle.

Any ideas would be gratefully received :D

Yup, everything is fine setup wise it is fine, its more about the throttle plate I sort of wondered if taking it off and putting it back on if it could be set different :D

Yeah I did, the only thing I have not done, is check the plugs again, one things is I noticed I am running rich the exhaust is black after about 15miles I cleaned it before I left, but the mixture screw is only out about 2 1/2 turns, I get no popping or banging. don't know if that helps. I re-built the carb and put in new bushing on the throttle bar, as it was leaking petrol when I turned the engine off, and I was getting a big flat spot, but it stopped all that when I replaced them.

Latest posts