• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Engine lid rubber seals for Early Bay windows - £15

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
how soft are these seals as most are very hard and this make fitting them a real pig of a job.

If there nice and soft ill take one , if there as tough as old boots then no thanks , good price though :msn4:

check my feedback for this seal here; http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=450424&highlight=boatyardbuses+aol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

last but one reply :mrgreen:

This is the feedback;

After buying deck lid seals from 3 different sources and getting 3 different seals that did not fit or were just plain not right, I found Neils in the Samba classifieds.
I emaild him and asked about it. He assured me it was a good seal. Good is not the word. It is almost exactly like the original seal. Fit and quality are superb. Why no company sells these in the USA is a wonder. Shipping was fast.
I installed the seal with no glue, didn't need it. Fit like a glove.
Thanks Neil for the great seal

I also have good feedback on this advert for them. they are the best engine lid seals i have ever used, and are an excellent fit, and yes they are really nice soft rubber.

Only one way to find out I guess,

Pm me your details and I will try one!

Thanks for the feedback

Pete

Neil,

Just PayPal'd you £17 for a rubber :shock: :shock: :shock:

Delivery details on the message but you have already sent me a Hurst Bar ;)

Cheers mate

Lee

DubBGood2Me said:
Neil,

Just PayPal'd you £17 for a rubber :shock: :shock: :shock:

Delivery details on the message but you have already sent me a Hurst Bar ;)

Cheers mate

Lee

Received with thanks - in todays post mate.
Neil

72bay window said:
Hello do you know if these will fit a 72 cover? if so i will have one

Sorry i don't know for sure. They fit 68-71's which is the tall engine lid not the later short ones.

Anyone else help us out here please? my 72 bay knowledge is poor sorry.

Cheers,
Neil

hello neil if this is any help ive found out that 67-71 is 400mm x 960, and 71-79 is 350mm x 960mm. Whats the size of your seal?

Latest posts