Engine pain

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busboy1971

Reaction score
Hello,
Still having issues with me van. (rear crankshaft oilseal broke and more problems occured from there) Got the engine back in after fitting the new fan. Now the engine turns over a treat but will not fire up, i have had the dizzy cap off and with the ignition on checked the points to see if a little spark would appear, nothing! I had this problem before thinking it could be a coil fault but after playing with tht ewires i manged to get it running, doesnt work this time. There is fuel getting through. I have attached pics to make sure that all the wires are on the coil correct, 2 from the negative side, 1 to the dizzy and 1 to the wiring loom. Also 2 from the live side, 1 to the transducer thing on the left side of the carb, 1 going to the wiring loom.
Can any one help, i know its hard to diagnose over the internet.

Thanks in advance

Busboy1971

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    48.9 KB
  • DSC00001.JPG
    48.9 KB
Try a new condensor?
I had to do that when I was restarting my van after a long while, and was not getting a spark...

I had a similar problem with my engine a while back. I thought I was getting fuel through cos the pump was squirting it through just fine but when I checked the carb there was nowt in the float chamber. A quick clean and rebuild of the carb and hey presto, back up and running again. It doesn't take much shite in fuel to upset a carb. It's worth a look anyway, at least it's something else to rule out.

Ian

Checked all the wiring again this morning, even check my haynes to make sure i had all the correct wires in place. Still no spark when i check the points? i am right in saying that if you turn ignition on and flick open the points you should see a spark? havent checked the carb yet though!

Cheers

On the negative side of the coil leave the wire connected that goes to the condensor,the green wire and leave the other wire off.See if it starts then.

Latest posts