Engine question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bac2ba6

Reaction score
Looking a buying a long block T1 (Just for my own learning mainly and possibly a future rebuild into something else when time and funds permit) now I've seen a block at a reasonable price but was just wondering it's a 1300 case but has 1500 single port heads pistons ect so the seller say . Was this a common mod and would there of been any other mods for them to achieve this? Possibly looking on a full strip rebuild to a stock 1600 at some point but was just asking the question . I know it's possible from 1300 case to 1600 as I did this a some years back just asking the question really ?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Nah, the 1300 block fits 1500 cylinders and heads pretty easily.
Things to watch out for:
-might be a single relief block, but the 1500 block probably would have been as well.
-1300 block probably won't have the mounting holes for the engine support bar on an EB.
-Case studs might be a different size if you want new heads, may need to fit or remove a timesert or something like that.

People swapped heads and blocks over all the time, it's nothing to worry about ;-) Bit tricker on the 1200 as that has a shorter throw crank, but that's about it.

Latest posts