Sorry bug question ignition switch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bac2ba6

Reaction score
1972 1200 bug . This is a resto project and as I have totally stripped the front end thought I would turn my attention to some of the wireing . Now I have removed all the barrel and actual switch which is an early metal hard wired one and I'm trying to see if it's any good or not . If I bridge the starter it turns and will fire up with ignition lights on and going out as normal once started. But actually turning the switch to engage starter there's nothing ( lights don't even dim ) is there a way I can put a jumper lead accross the terminals on the Back of the switch or a jumper wire from the fuse board to see if the starter engages? The reason I ask is I want to check its the switch and not the wireing ect . All the ignition lights power up and coil and fuel shut off just won't engage the starter . The colours on the back of the switch are yellow/black , red/black , solid red , and solid black .any help appreciate. Would just buy another switch but don't want to splice the wireing if the switch is not at fault and it's the wireing somewhere else

Sorry it's about a bug but though I would ask [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Latest posts