Enough soundproofing?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lembo

Reaction score
Hi has anybody on here used this stuff from ebay,and will this be enough to do the inside of my panelvan?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380250452957&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you have a panel van id say youd need two rolls i did my van(microbus) with similar stuff same size roll it did all the floor including over engine ,walls upto windows cab floor walkthrough, and the insides of cabdoors, sliding and tailgate and some of the roof not much though so stuck old stuff back ..........no we can have a coversation without shouting at each other :lol:

well worth doing

regards
chris

You can get the same result for less money using identical looking roof flashing tape.

My only worry with this stuff - apart from the weight - is, if I were buying a van /camper or any old vehicle, I would not be happy. You cant see whats underneath it and it could be hiding a total nightmare.

Surely that goes for any kind of insulation then,it still gets stuck down and covered,Is roof flashing the same as this stuff ?

lembo said:
Surely that goes for any kind of insulation then,it still gets stuck down and covered,Is roof flashing the same as this stuff ?

Yes - and yes :)

With the old type thick underlay insulation it was possible to see under it but this stuff is not easy to remove. On the other hand the undelay type could hold a lot of moisture - lots of pros and cons :lol:

(Might be worth taking some photos before its applied in case you ever want to sell it)

Good point! im a little unsure wether to get this now but theres a massive price difference in the other stuff which looks exactly the same :?

Latest posts