• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

F/S Compressor - old - single phase

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivor

Reaction score
I'm selling my old single phase compressor, a few months ago I had a new fuse board put in the house, and since then, trying to start this compressor trips the breaker!
I took the motor off, and looked at the wiring, but couldn't get any joy; even when trying the motor with no load.

So, I took the plunge, and bought myself a smaller compressor, that runs straight off a standard 13a socket, and is portable enough to put in the boot of my car when needed elsewhere.

This is a very old bit of kit, and has always been a bit asthmatic, it could do with a good service, and obviously, I have absolutely no idea whether the motor is ok, or needs some re-wiring, or a new capacitor. (it's got three!!).

I don't know what the litre capacity is, but it's approx 1.4 metres long, and has a circumference of about 1.2 metres. So any mathematicians out there ?

If the motor is no good, but you already have a smaller compressor, you could just join the receiver to your existing, would help when blasting for instance. That's what I'll do if I don't sell it.

Price is £95 firm, but no guarantees at all, you take the chance.

It is VERY heavy, and with wheels welded on the bottom is quite unstable too, so you'll need a van and straps to take it away.

pm me here if interested, I'll be online again tomorrow evening, and at least once a day after that.

Here's the link to my photobucket album, note, as it is now standing outside, I've left the motor off, rain and leccie motors a good combination do not make !

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc147/Ivor62/compressor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts