• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Feeler for interest,new product,now in production with pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67panel

Reaction score
so with all these ignition switches burning out(on my 3rd) I was thinking about making a pre wired relay and fuse board to fit above the battery that would have ign feed ,starter,fuel pump and split charge .last 2 are optional.need to price it up y
et but it would be plug and play with no mods needed to stock wiring.any interest then??????
mods if you want put this in for sale.

67panel said:
so with all these ignition switches burning out(on my 3rd) I was thinking about making a pre wired relay and fuse board to fit above the battery that would have ign feed ,starter,fuel pump and split charge .last 2 are optional.need to price it up yet but it would be plug and play with no mods needed to stock wiring.any interest then??????

Forgive my ignorance but with this setup inc the options my bus would be pre-wired ready for split charge, and also have the option to run an electric fuel pump?

Des

yes the idea is that the feed from ign switch works via a relay so 2 benifits,no load on switch as well as no volts drop to coil,imo the cause of poor hot starts(well one of them!!!)will price these up depends if I can bulk buy relays /fuse box and cable ect.will be suplied with circuit dia ,cables taged and colour coded.wire for lesure bat to go under spare wheel well.

SO TO HELP ME OUT ANYONE KNOW A CHEAP SUPPLIER OF AUTO ELECTICS?? tryed google search,looked on ebay and my heads spazzing out.

Do you have a `Maplins` near you ?
I use them for nearly all electrical parts .

Could also be up for one of these , dependant on price .

:D

67panel said:
SO TO HELP ME OUT ANYONE KNOW A CHEAP SUPPLIER OF AUTO ELECTICS?? tryed google search,looked on ebay and my heads spazzing out.

Tell me what you need and i'll speak to my sis, she md of an elec supplier. See if she can get a deal. She has contacts everywhere...

Prob best to pm me

J.

How easy would it be to set this up?

I could be interested depending on price. I'll also sus out the guys in my local club, might get a few more orders.

brace yourselfs --------------------parts to me are aprox £50,thats 3x30 amp relays 1x70amp relay,6way fusebox,fuses ,1 large 70 amp fuse and holder,cable,terminals,sleving,mounting plate ,cable ties and this is if I buy in 10s . so by the time I have made a bit for me and postage will be 65/70 £ :shock: let me know and if I can do the bits cheaper I will pass it on.saying that on the one site I looked at they wanted £60 +vat for a "split charge kit"30 amp relay with a bit of wire on it :msn4:

dave ---------------------------not holding my breath for orders :lol:

Ouch, those parts sound a little steep (not that I've checked it out myself)!

Try here for parts:
http://www.beal.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts