Figure 8 Awning strip problems!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshaker

Reaction score
anyone have any good ideas on how to adapt the figure of 8 awning trim so that the awning doesn't come off in a gust of wind?

or ...... know where you can get the trim with different internals widths or gaps??

the problem seems to be that the beading on the awning is about 6mm across ........ the figure of 8 is about 9mm across inside so the bead goes in easy .... but the gap is also about 5mm on the trim meaning the beading pops out relatively easy.

Had the same problem once and spoke to Bluebird who sold me the canopy / awning. They gave me some black rubber u section trim that fitted on the gutter first. It worked a treat. I just had a quick look at Bluebird's website, but it seems they don't do the canopy / awning thingy any more.

Woolies trim do similar stuff that may work - http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-322-extrusion.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks both ...... fortunate son, i think my problems with the other end of the figure of 8 where it attaches to the awning/canopy. there is a beading on the canopy that slides into the figure of 8 ..... i think that is the weak point and where it is loose. however, thanks for the woolies tip .... i didn't think of looking on there.

humphrey .... no, not the pole. i don't think it would sit in my getter as i have the devon style pop top.

Yeah I have a devon as well. I still thread the pole through to give the awning stability and use the figure 8 above the sliding door. That works pretty good I find. If it gets really windy I also use the clamps at either end.

My awning and figure eight both came from camper shop.

that actually sounds like a good idea ........ sadly mine came with fig of 8 or pole .... i opted for fig of 8.

Latest posts