Figure of 8 for new awning?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billywifta

Reaction score
Well after much contemplation and deliberation with the wife we finally made a decision and bought a new driveaway awning for this season and many more.
We decided on the outdoor revolution movelite t4 and we love it. It goes up easily and is rock solid in the wind,the windows are huge so plenty of light floods in. We bought a carpet and a sleeping pod for our daughter to have her space.
Our Westfalia is slightly too small for the awning to work perfect as minimum height is 1800mm, it means the awning isn't quite tight enough to use the side doors to the space between the van and the awning as it says a little bit.
Well after 2 nights away I've realised i need a figure of eight in one long piece rather than in 3 sections that I have now.
Does anyone know if you can buy in one length?

best bet might be at a show as people don't like trying to post things that long...

I found the figure of 8 things utter rubbish, never seemed to get the right tension on them to stay in place. i was forever moving the van back and forwards etc, then if it was slightly windy off they would pop.
I gave up with them in the end. I use the thin pole that threads through the sleeve in the awning and then sits in the gutter with some clamps bought from ebay. Much better soloution and easier to use too.......i dont care how windy it gets now :lol:

..........Kev

If you are still looking ? A long length can be found at lightening leisure, not sure if he'll post it though...

Latest posts