Finally got one!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter_Richards

Reaction score
After lurking around here for ages I finally took the plunge and got a van!
Wasn't a great start, had it delivered yesterday was supposed to be here at about 6pm turned up at 10pm. Started it up and it ran for about two minutes and cut out, wouldn't restart :? Turns out it didn't have any fuel in it, easy fix but had to drive around for 20 mins to find a petrol station open, even the 24 hour Tesco was closed :|
Finally got it restarted then took it for a blast around the block, when I got back noticed a hub cap had gone awol :!: Luckily after first driving back to find it, then walking with a torch I found it :D
Was going to spend the day tinkering today but it's tipping down outside, will see what I can do. Already having slight buyers remorse as the list of things I can see that need sorting mount up.
One of the first jobs will be to try to sort the fuel gauge which currently swings back and forth erratically, bad earth?
Think it might need a new battery too although I'll charge this one first.
Picture of it being collected, it was dark when it got here.
414209365.jpg

Looks great for a start point. Fuel gauges seem to be a thing with these, along with many other things. :D get some more pics up. Good luck with it

My fuel gauge doesn't bounce but is erratic, its to much hassle to rip it all out and sort and i haven't run out of fuel yet (said it now) that damage down the side doesn't look that bad, sorting it yourself or off to the body shop? As i said, a few more pics, engine bay interior front end etc.

Well done looks lovely from here they are a labour of love & do swallow money but the joy fun and memory’s out weigh that Enjoy it I’m in exactly the same boat 🚣‍♂️ lol enjoy every second good and bad welcome to the club

Thanks guys, had a pretty eventful day, failed to start twice and I think it might be a genuine Unicorn as it's P'd a rainbow on the drive.

Wasn't too fussed about the bodywork to be fair, although I know a dent removal guy who can work wonders so might give him a call.

Pictures here or should I start a thread in the Gallery?

Lovely looking westy. Perfectly normal to go through period of regret, hate, unreliability, expense until you get it to the stage it’s reliable and you make some awesome memories. Hang in there and enjoy!

Morning Peter, that’s a great looking bus ! You’re telling us all the effects and emotions that we’ve nearly all gone through, from the buyers remorse “”What the hell have I done”” sort of thing :lol: To ,,,This’ll never be finished,,, but we still got em and they’re very addictive and that’s for sure. ;) Might be an idea to start a thread in the gallery as it’s always nice to look back later and see the progress plus you miss so many things or just plain forget. I wish I’d started a gallery thread as I’ve done so much to mine. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, and welcome welcome and welcome :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
Morning Peter, that’s a great looking bus ! You’re telling us all the effects and emotions that we’ve nearly all gone through, from the buyers remorse “”What the hell have I done”” sort of thing :lol: To ,,,This’ll never be finished,,, but we still got em and they’re very addictive and that’s for sure. ;) Might be an idea to start a thread in the gallery as it’s always nice to look back later and see the progress plus you miss so many things or just plain forget. I wish I’d started a gallery thread as I’ve done so much to mine. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, and welcome welcome and welcome :mrgreen:

Thanks Ozzie, that actually makes me feel a lot better! :D I will get some pictures up in the gallery!
Pete

Latest posts