Fire Extinguisher??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welly

Reaction score
No idea.....What should I be buying for the van?, heading away this weekend for first ever night out and want to get one ordered before I leave but have no idea what type or size I should buy for the van. Wanting to keep it under the dash so easy to get to.

Cheers.

I keep 2 foam and one powder extinguishers in my van, powder is more effective but you use them up in a few seconds. Had training at work with all types and its shocking how quickly they run out.
The fella advised me to get as many and as big as I could, basically.
One of those little 1kg ones ain't gonna do much if your cushions or engine goes up.

Cheers .

I have gone for 2 powder 1k extinguishers, I appreciate I would be lucky for this to be enough but just feel we need something. Had an issue a few years ago when a garage I had taken the van to for a new exhaust never fitted the foam surround properly and it fell on the exhaust and lit up, thankfully managed to put it out with my hoodie but don't want to risk anything like that again. :shock:

I've two foam and one powder in the van, and one of those cheap auto ones in the engine bay, best bet is to check fuel lines, fit the hard pipe as OE if your running standard and not put a fuel filter close to the engine in my opinion. :D

Like Sparko said its not easy to put them out
Unless you cut the fuel supply
:shock:
You can see from the vid how difficult it is to put them out
Even by professional fire fighters
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u8y6a3sJTK0#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Err foam ? :msn4:

Hi Welley
the fire extinguisher that you should take a look at is called Firetool it comes in 3 sizes and is the future in putting out any sort of fire, it is quite expensive but so is your camper .
web address is http://WWW.firetoolsales.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; hope this helps Paul.

Website not up and running yet Paul, but found a good video on YouTube. Is there an automatic version or just manual?

Cheers, Ross.

Latest posts