firetec veritical mounting - where to place? Pics?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mginty

Reaction score
South of Bristol somewhere in Somerset....
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
I'm fitting my firetec and am not sure where to mount it. It's either vertical or with the black dot down so that the tube points up (if that makes sense?!). I cannot mount to the engine bay roof.
So, I guess my options are:
1) Mount to floor of engine bay (looking from the rear, to the left next to the rear wheel arch)
2) To the firewall
3) To the wheel arch

each seems to have pros and cons, the main one being a don't want to drill a hole through metal which will then be exposed.
I'm leaning toward the firewall....but what's the gap between firewall and fuel tank as do not want to drill into fuel tank!!
Any thoughts / pics much appreciated.

put mine under spare wheel well on to wheel arch drilled fitted then waxoyled n undersealed fixings.
see me profile pic or thread in gallery under valeries resto.

Fitted ours like this

DSCN5295.jpg

DSCN5296.jpg

mginty said:
thanks for the info, Cali & Nugsy, did that go through into the external wheel arch?

That's right, the screws are into the wheel arch. Just sprayed waxoil onto them to seal the holes. I fitted ours when the engine was out, which was dead easy. As Nugsy say's it would be tricky with the engine in or a 90 degree chuck on your drill would help.

Good luck with it. :)

Latest posts