First ever drive in a camper today.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billywifta

Reaction score
Yesterday i drove to Wales to look at a Westy, all 260 miles.
Today i bought it and drove it 260 miles home! She never missed a beat, my jaw hurts from 6 hours of constant grinning to myself!!
Several people gave me thumbs up and many more looked admiringly, it is a dream come true for me to own one.
Thankyou to Phil & family for selling me the van, a true gentleman who has looked after her for the last four years.
I hope to do as good a job as he has in the forth coming years, i'm sure i'll be on these forums for many years to come asking for advice from you all.
:D :D

Welcome to the madness :lol:
Enjoy - oh and get them pics up 8)

It's gotta be this one right?

If this had of popped up for sale a week before I bought ours I would ventured over to Wales with my cheque book! Well done :D Nice bumpers.

Oh and the tax disc holder is on the illegal side of the windscreen by the way, that's assuming they don't pull you over for that number plate first! ;)

null-4.jpg

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52972" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's the one Magoo, Welsh & Proud (forum member & top bloke) sold me Daisy and she's a real gem.
I travelled to Wales and drove her all the back home to Lincolnshire, i'll get some photos this weekend when I can figure the uploading thing out.

Well done - sounds like you have bagged a good un - please for you :D

Lincolnshire? I thought Wales was a bit far from Cambridge, yet I drove 2-3 hours down to the south coast for mine.

More photos please.

Hi all glad to hear all your lovely comments about my 68 I've just sold. She was a absolute gem of a bus and pleasure to own. We all have superb memories of every trip we did either short or long. Daisy never let me down once and always respected her and treated her to the things that needed doing. I'm very pleased that its gone to a lovely family for the next stage of its chapter and look forward to seeing it on the circuit.
Best wishes to you all.

Happy days, i never get tired of driving mine, lets us know when you start talking to it like a person, it wont be long :D

how were the gears, i remember my first drive back in campervan i purchased many years ago. finding second gear eluded me for the whole journey. went i went to buy my second van, i drove away from the drive and when i came back the owner said i found 2nd like a natural! :lol:

It was the same for me when I bought mine smiling for ear to ear from Birmingham back to Manchester, but I couldn't work out if other people were smiling or laughing at me. it looked a wreck at the time :D

Latest posts