First time poster with a 69 Devon

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nipper

Reaction score
Hi All, got the bus a wk ago and looking forward to many adventures, getting it lowered, already got the wheels but I may have cocked up...

Hiya Nipper, if you’re the first one to cock up that’d be a miracle, if you’re the last,,, we’ll that’s another miracle :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,I’ve done quite a few myself bud, but hi and welcome :mrgreen:

I’m basic and stock. So no reflections or insights. Sorry! But....have read a few ‘lowering’ threads on here. It’s a religion it seems. So hang on to your shirt tails and enjoy the ride. Sorry for the pun. There’s a whole lot of members on here re: the low experience with great advice. Lots of ups and downs. Again....sorry.....pun. We make mistakes even on the basics like which singular nut and bolt we’ve chosen to use. So you’ve taken on a treasure of a project. Good fortune with your outcomes. As Denis Norden said, ‘It’ll be alright on the night’. 👍

Thank you all for the welcome, it’s good to know there is a lot of help/support out there, yes I did get some rims and since replaced with a set of Sprintstars, as opposed to the BRMs I’d got in haste, hopefully they are better suited. Look forward to conversing with you all👍

Just read your post and have gone the opposite route, but similar worries now resolved. I needed to replace my tyres having had the bus for nine years and even paid for the tyres. Our garage took ages to fit them and in the meantime I realised getting BRMs to have the van match even more closely the one I had nicked nine years ago would be better. It then looked like they wouldn’t fit on the rear but with assurance from Sparkywig and Slammedkustom I let the bus down and they fitted - just. It does mean I have four unused tyres which I need to sell. Enjoy the bus.

Latest posts