First UK MOT test?????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee C

Reaction score
First UK MOT test!!?????

Have the DVLA changed the rules??
Last 2 times I've MOT'd an import I've just used the USA reg on the MOT then sent the certificate & registration forms off to DVLA & when the reg number form came back it came with a revised MOT certificate displaying the UK reg.
I've been told you now need a letter from Wolfsburg & certificate of conformity of some sort!!!???
Who's recently gone through the process???
Any hints/tips?????

I have never done it. But,most times I have read a thread and somewhere in it the DVLA gets mentioned, some people have usually had an identical experience and nothing but problems and mystery and some peeps have had no problems ever and some peeps usually towards the end will say the immortal words "It might depend on who you get" ,. It`s like there are rules, and sometimes they break them and sometimes they bend them and sometimes they just make it up. Then again they may have really changed it :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I`d have another go I reckon :mrgreen:

I'm being lazy this time & im getting a VW garage to do it for me instead of taking to the bottom of the street as I usually do!!
He's going to ring his MOT place on Monday morning to see what the crack is !!
I'm pissing my pants to get it on the road in time for Volkspower in 3 weeks time!!!!!
It'll be very infuriating if I have a running, driving, for want of a better word, finished truck & I end up away in the car again due to bureaucracy & red tape!!!!

Lee C said:
I'm being lazy this time & im getting a VW garage to do it for me instead of taking to the bottom of the street as I usually do!!
He's going to ring his MOT place on Monday morning to see what the crack is !!
I'm pissing my pants to get it on the road in time for Volkspower in 3 weeks time!!!!!
It'll be very infuriating if I have a running, driving, for want of a better word, finished truck & I end up away in the car again due to bureaucracy & red tape!!!!

Plates, borrow some plates ;) Then off you go and sort it when you are back ! :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, don't forget knives and forks and shhhpoooons :mrgreen:

Lee unless the DVLA themselves has specifically asked you for a dating letter just send the usual V55/NOVA/US Title etc and hope for the best

Just take photocopies of everything you send to the DVLA and post it recorded signed for so when the loose it all you will have a record of the postage.

:party0053: :party0009: :party0049: :party0048: :bliss: :party0046: :party0009: Well, it PASSED !!!! :party0049: :bliss: :party0046: :D :party0053: :party0009:

Well done Lee!, now get it registered so you can come to the pub with us next week!

Latest posts