Someone trying to use my registration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
I bought my 69 panel in Dec 14 from a reliable guy who had bought the bus from a friend of his back in 2010,and his friend had owned it since it came in from Italy in 2002 and was uk registered. A few months ago I recieved a letter from the DVLA asking if I still had the vehicle as someone was trying to apply for the logbook. I imidiatly called them and put them straight and was told it would be all sorted.Then today I had a knock at the door by a non uniformed officer who was quite frankly ruid and wanted to know if I still owned the van and of its where abouts as again someone was trying to apply for that logbook or reg .I wished I had asked more questions including seeing his ID but I've been sick in bed for over a week and just getting up caught me off gaurd.I gave him my mobile number and told him what company was restoring my bus.Once he'd gone I called the DVLA again ! Told them what had just happened and they asked me to write a letter stating I still own the vehicle and they would sort it .
I've got close to 20k invested in this van and it's left me kinda worried. I spoke with Luis who I bought it from and he recons it's someone trying it on .But it is worrying .
Has anyone had a similar experience ?

If the officer didn't offer up his ID I would pop a call into your local police and make some enquires mate.

Have you tried googling your registration number - something may crop up.

...like someone scam-selling your bus with old photos, claiming the log book is lost etc, seems to happen fairly often on Ebay...

Fozworth give these people a call - organised vehicle crime unit . 0207 230 7771. I had a similar issue a while back with a duplicate chassis no. They should point you in the right direction.
These people know their stuff. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hopefully there return your call. Very helpful guys. There probably out reclaiming vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts