Fitting LHD seats into RHD van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1dub

Reaction score
Just a quick question, I have some LHD original seats to fit in my RHD camper and as im fitting panels at the moment I thought I would fit these. The question is does it make any difference if I use LHD or RHD runners for the drivers seat?

I asked this a while ago and the general response was that you need the correct runners for the seat - mine was the other way round, a LHD van and RHD seats. In the end I took my runners out and fitted late bay seats!

Clem said:
Cab seats?

They just fit in place :)
I wish everything just fitted in place :lol:
even top quality panels wont fit without a lot of mods and that's to the panels not the van

georgeyv said:
I asked this a while ago and the general response was that you need the correct runners for the seat - mine was the other way round, a LHD van and RHD seats. In the end I took my runners out and fitted late bay seats!
That's what I thought otherwise why make LHD and RHD specific

Where are you based? I think I still have the runners from my LHD, was going to bang them on ebay but never got round to it. I'm in Leeds if you need them, yours for a couple of beers!

georgeyv said:
Where are you based? I think I still have the runners from my LHD, was going to bang them on ebay but never got round to it. I'm in Leeds if you need them, yours for a couple of beers!
I'll PM you

1dub said:
georgeyv said:
That's what I thought otherwise why make LHD and RHD specific

I think the seat back winder is offset but it doesn't affect anything. I bought RHD seats and put them in my van. That was that. If people want to cut and weld runners to do the same then it's up to them :)

Its not the seats im thinking about its the runners, theres no runners in ours as the previous owner cut them out to put aftermarket seats in.

Looking at this pic I would guess the runners are specific with one being flat and the other one shaped assumingly to fit the tub

Although I cant upload the pic

1dub said:
Its not the seats im thinking about its the runners, theres no runners in ours as the previous owner cut them out to put aftermarket seats in.

Looking at this pic I would guess the runners are specific with one being flat and the other one shaped assumingly to fit the tub

Ah, I see your point now, sorry :oops:

Yes, you'll need the correct runners :mrgreen:

Clem said:
1dub said:

Ah, I see your point now, sorry :oops:

Yes, you'll need the correct runners :mrgreen:
No worries thanks for the input

Latest posts