Fitting ply tailgate and door panels!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldie

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently in the process of replacing all the birch ply panels in my westy. I also want to replace the covered tailgate and door cards with birch ply! I have seen that some people have also done this and was wondering what is the best way of fixing them? Are there different clips that can be used to covered panels or am I drastically going to have to drill new holes and use stainless self tapping screws?

Cheers

Goldie

i had some tired ones in the back of my bus and they had used self tappers and cup washers, they look good, i'll be using much the same when i put new cards in.

JK do some clips that fit the panel before covering and are then hidden. I've tried to find them on their website but couldn't, so best off giving them a ring.

I did mine with screws and washers its the way to go. The concealed ones are a pain in arse. Far to fiddly and difficult to take of if you need to which at some point you will.