fitting servo to early bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Does anybody have pictures of this kind of servo on an EB ?

Do you need to change the master cylinder for a assisted one, or you can use the non-assisted one (I have a 71 bus with front disc brakes without servo)

Thanks

Simon

Just bought one of these remote servos off e-bay £100 brand new with mounting brackets.
I will post the pics once i have fitted it.
Stuart

Going to start mine this week, been to busy working on my lambretta.I now have the servo £90 off ebay,bracket seems all wrong but this can be re-drilled.Post pics and progress soon.
Stuart

slammedresto said:
any progress yet??

plusone.gif

Started fitting today,here is the kit
DSCF1432.jpg

First fix the mounting bracket well out of the way.plus re-drill so it fits nice and snug.
DSCF1434.jpg

DSCF1435.jpg

Waxolyed servo then fitted up.
DSCF1436.jpg

Modified front bracket to fit.
DSCF1437.jpg

Then fitted some 15mm copper pipe through the chassis.
DSCF1438.jpg

DSCF1441.jpg
Will post more up next week when i fit the vacum pipe to engine then make and fit brake pipes and bleed.
Stuart

looking good so far, are you going to put a gromet arround the copper pipe in that last photo?

Yes i'am going to fit a rubber gromet around the copper pipe were it goes through the crossmember.This is the first fit, not permanent yet.

I'm in the process of fitting the same type of servos to my panel. (2 as it's a dual circuit system). You may need to review your servo mounting. The outlet end should be angled upwards to allow bleeding of the system, otherwise it is very likely that you will get an airlock in the servo body resulting in spongy brakes.
I await the results with interest, your job is a little ahead of mine.

All done Works FANTASTIC whish I had done this before,stops on a sixpence.Put it on my friends Brake testing machine everything works great (Front + Rear).This has took me 6hrs from start to finish and also very easy to bleed if you let it drop down off the mounting bracket whilst bleeding.Will post more pics later.
Stuart

nice one, could you also list the spec of your bus, i.e year and what you had on it before hand, i may do this to by bus, the only time i worry driving my bus is going down hill!!

Here are some more pics of the servo.Vacuum taken off balancing pipe between 34icts.
the bus spec is 1970 westfalia with csp discs,disc brake master cylinder,creative engineering porsche pattern drums+ hubs with late bay brakes.This servo conversion would also work well with standard early bay brakes.
DSCF1450.jpg

DSCF1449.jpg

DSCF1448.jpg

The replacement pipes needed are 4ft and 5ft with a metric union on one end and a UNF on the other end on both pipes.
DSCF1447.jpg

DSCF1055.jpg

199.jpg

226.jpg

Lovely job! Great to hear it all went well and you're pleased with it. CSP front discs look the business too and I'm not surprised the brakes are good now with those and the servo.

Is the servo just operating on the discs btw?

Looks great, this is something I plan to do soon. Although the items are no longer available on ebay. Anyone know where else these kits can be purchased (I have seen them on the new flashy Creative website).

Thanks

still plenty for sale.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Remote-Servo-MGB-MGA-Midget_W0QQitemZ400023155783QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item400023155783&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts