fitting servo to early bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stuartrx7 said:
still plenty for sale.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Remote-Servo-MGB-MGA-Midget_W0QQitemZ400023155783QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item400023155783&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ha! Beat me to it :)

Ok, thanks guys, I was probably searching for the wrong thing! Aewsome, looking forward to less brown trouser moments at the traffic lights!

This does look interesting! I have almost all the stuff complete to swap my early drums for late discs and drums. I really didn't know what to do with the brake servo. This is great! :D

Hi airtime i have no proportional valve and every thing works fine, as i said before i tested it on an M.O.T brake testing rollers.The servo i used was 1.9:1 ratio.
Stuart

stuartrx7 said:
Hi airtime i have no proportional valve and every thing works fine, as i said before i tested it on an M.O.T brake testing rollers.The servo i used was 1.9:1 ratio.
Stuart

Great! Thanks a lot mate. I now know which one to order. 8)

Read this a while ago but forgot my user details so had to register again.

What pipes do you need for this set up and how does it connect to the master cylinder?

Am I being really thick here?

:oops:

Stuart, I'm keen to understand the plumbing - I get it's dual cct but is the brake boost only on the front?
it's late and I'm getting confused probably....I think my std ate booster is dead and so this maybe a better option?

dubdubz said:
Stuart, I'm keen to understand the plumbing - I get it's dual cct but is the brake boost only on the front?
it's late and I'm getting confused probably....I think my std ate booster is dead and so this maybe a better option?

still keen to know the plumbing Stuart..........

I've seen that before thanks ....on further inspection my bus has the valves and appears to be like a late update - when I get a chance I'm sorting my pics out and will post on the several I'll get pics up soon threads I've let down to date! :lol:

VeeDubMan said:
Is the servo just operating on the discs btw?

Do you guys just boost the front circuit, or route the servo to front and rear and make the system single circuit?

So I am finally getting my brakes sorted to a nice porsche disc set-up. It would be silly to not add a servo.

I looked at the creative option (the remote servo) and it is nearly £300

This one is about £90:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-NEW-LOCKHEED-TYPE-REMOTE-BRAKE-SERVO-MGB-TRIUMPH-MINI-/380383584624?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5890a0e170#ht_1258wt_981" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any recent stories of if this is suitable?

Latest posts