Fitting twin carb back in

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dci_Carter

Reaction score
Hi all, after 18 months of faffing around and finishing my rebuild I'm having a few final issues to figure. Took out as I single carb standard setup, putting back as twin dell jobbie, difference is that she's got a bit wide in the hips! Figured I had to remove the carbs to clear the rear supports. Got past this, but I'm now worried the manifolds won't clear the rear engine skirt and will bend them as I raise the engine up into place? I can take the manifolds off and refit as the bolts fixing them the heads are a nightmare to access?

Anyone fitted and encountered/overcome this?

Ta
7e23a33f2eb2f01f423982503712cb08.jpg
3f103671e5d70ff6de53cec75334521d.jpg
2e0411057e397199acdfae0f34ee3235.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Go straight in through the back with the engine turned 45 degrees then spin it straight to mate it to the gearbox or take the manifolds off then fit them carbs and Manifolds as 1 unit once engine is in.

Looks like you have the bus jacked up at the rear as the gearbox looks low. Once you have got the engine past the mounting posts you can raise it up and the manifolds will go past the side tins. However you will also need to jack the gearbox up to meet the engine before you can join them.

Latest posts