Floor

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul

Reaction score
I am having to replace the floor on my bus as the sunroof has leaked and water has got underneath and has caused the flooring to ripple.I have done lots of searches but have got no definate answer on how to do this job !
I have fitted the r and r bed complete with 6mm ply under it and vinyl flooring to act as damp proofing-this is so if the roof leaks again I can deal with the floor without the need to remove the bed. The plan was to then whack a piece of 9mm marine ply down and put the vinyl on the top -However there seem to be a gap as the sides are higher than the top of the ridges,does this matter or should a cap go down over the ridges to level it out?
One source on samba said to put down a base sheet 50 and 3/4 inches by 51 1/4 by 8mm thick then a cap of 60 inches by 51 1/2 inches 6mm thick-with flooring on that you looking at 16mm high!!!
Any right way or should i just get on with the original plan?
thanks Paul

That sounds about right, you will need 9mm ply cut this to fit within the grove of the raised section of floor.

I just used 6mm ply and vinyl on top. I trimmed the sliding door edge so it sits mire flush, also put some insulation down which seems to have eliminated the problem of some area's being lower than others. Worked fine for me

I have seen that underlay stuff that goes under laminate flloors-its silver backed foam stuff. Would this work as an underlay?
How do I know if it will hold water-something to do with closed cell and open cell???
cheers Paul

Latest posts