Fogstar Lithium battery

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it wasn't a spoof post. I was being completely serious. I have no immediate plans to acquire any form of mobile telephone, but if I eventually do, it would probably be a simple early-generation type with no superfluous bells & whistles.
To all the people making fun. Leave him alone! But if you do get a phone get an iphone 5 or similar. Its small and cheap (£20/30) Disable all the shit it thinks you need. It has a camera and a route finder which is useful. (I used to draw on postits for directions) Believe me, I held on to my Nokia 6310 until recently. My decision to keep tech at bay. When I got the new phone I was encouraged by everyone to get whatsapp!, got loads of mundane crap from friends and found I was wasting my life on it so I deleted it!

Let’s hope you never breakdown Naskeet and need to walk to a tellephone box to call the AA as they are no more (phone boxes)
Get ya tool box out n start ya own repair without a mobile 😂

The last time I had to call out the RAC, which was via an M25 roadside telephone to the motorway control room, the 1973 VW 1600 Type 3 engine had a completely seized alternator shaft. It took 2 hours for the RAC patrol to arrive and another 2 hours waiting for an RAC low-loader recovery vehicle to take me home.

If I had had a spare alternator and a trolley jack with me, it would probably have been quicker to drop the engine out, replace the alternator and refit the engine whilst I was waiting for the RAC patrol to turn up!

This episode, was just one of the reasons that my dad and I decided to upgrade to a VW Type 4 style air-cooled engine, for which the cooling system is independent of the alternator-shaft or V-belt and the alternator can be replaced without removing the engine.

Just purchased the 105AH from Fogstar at an amazing £299 ( available until Monday). Not fitted it yet but will bear in mind everyone's comments.

Cheers

Latest posts