• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE 1969 RHD DORMOBILE NOW SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BO JANGLES

Reaction score
Meet Sid, I've been trying to buy him for 2 years, the previous owners had him for about 10 years & loved him, but just changed their hobbies & didn't really use him so much. They always kept him in a garage & in the last 2 years have done just 27 miles, which was pretty much taking him for his annual mot & driving around the block just to keep things moving. They finally decided it was time for new owners to enjoy Sid , so we've recommissioned him with a little work to achieve a fresh mot. Sid is a 1969 Early Bay Dormobile which has probably the nicest roof available as with two large windows in the roof the light floods in, it also has two pop up hatches in the roof for fresh air & more light ! When you pop the roof up its massive, complete with the original shaving mirror, the canvas is almost perfect, with just a couple of tiny weaker spots, but very good. The interior again is very light & very complete, it has a large built in cool box, sink, hob behind the passenger seat etc. The only thing missing that I've noticed is the legs for the double bed & hammocks. The body was resprayed at some in the past before the last owners, so shows some signs of wear , but doesn't hide anything. You can see theres been a little work done on the bottom of the sliding door, as not quite flat , but its completely solid. The door bottoms are excellent , as are the window sills, boot lid & rear hatch. I'm going to replace one of the roof hatches , as theres a small crack in its side where the bracket screws to it, I'm also going to replace the near side battery tray & closing panel, only as I'd like to make these areas as nice as the rest of the bus. It has lots of history including about 20 old mots & of course its tax free & has a fresh mot.
We drove him upto Volksworld last month from Devon, so about 500 miles during that weekend & it ran beautifully. I'll stop talking now & let the pictures, speak for themselves, but to summarise, this is a really honest & genuine UK bus in very nice condition.
If you phone , please leave a message as the signal at my workshop is weak, but I can phone you back or pm me your number or any questions, my number is 07972055868 & I'm Bob.NOW SOLD
The roof rack belongs to a friend, so isn't included but is for sale for NOW SOLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts