• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 1971 Westfalia bus from California ***New Price***

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ib-bus

Reaction score
8000 GBP or best nearest offer

73bus040.jpg

73bus039.jpg

73bus044.jpg

73bus032.jpg

73bus031.jpg

73bus006.jpg

babyshower010.jpg

babyshower156.jpg

73bus026.jpg

73bus027.jpg

73bus017.jpg

Hit this link for more pictures:

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h232/juanjvaladez/1971%20westy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

California 1971 bus Westfalia

You will love this bus when you see it, we have most receipts for all the new parts that went into making this beautiful bus, parts came from Wolfsburg West, West Coast Metric, some NOS parts off The Samba, Swap Meets and Ebay. All mechanical work was sorted prior to shipping for a worry free holiday, the bus is running like new. We shipped this bus from the States to the UK to travel in it and at the end of our journey it will be ready for I’ts new owner, the bus will be available for delivery on may 17th at Dubs At The Park show since I am doing an article for a Mexican VW magazine and would like the bus to appear in it. If you want to see the bus before then contact me and we could make arrangements to meet after may 11th
The bus will be in the UK with temporary tourist permit as I can't import the bus without a UK address or not being a UK resident so I did not add that to the price. Import fees, MOT and documentation then will be responsibility of the new owner, I have the title of ownership on my name and the receipt of purchase when I bought the bus. I have done this twice before and the new owners did not have any problems doing the paperwork, there is good information about how to take care of this on this site.
New seat covers all around in original Westfalia color.
New kick panels
New door pulls
Newer tires
Rebuilt engine
New poptop canvas
New poptop trim all around
New german muffler
Refurbished rear upper shelf
Correct AM radio and it works
New door cards
New window rubbers all around
New Front door window scrappers
New front bumper step rubbers
New front windshield
Child’s cot
Upper cot mechanism(needs new canvas)
New flooring
NOS wheels ( not painted)
New battery
Rebuilt carburetor
New ceiling plywood
New licence plate light
Complete Westfalia interior including the hard to find stool
Respray is a little over 1 year old
New front VW badge

8000GBP or best nearest offer , my mobile is 07796-061343
You can PM me here or email me at [email protected] for any questions.

Juan.

How are you declaring it when you enter the country, if you declare that you are intending to sell after your stay i am sure that when i looked into this for a friend you will have to pay the import duties etc before they let you remove it form the dock, if you say you are taking it back again then you get a temporary import form but that will be no good to the new owner to get it registered, make sure you get it correct or it may be a pain in the ass for you to sort just before your trying to get home.

Believe me is not that I did not wanted to pay the import fees, but I needed a name and address from the UK to be able to do that and I did not have that, unless my agent here in the UK doesn't know what he is doing. I have sold 2 other buses this way back in '06 and in '07 , one to a regular on this site and they were able to sort the paperwork better than I could. Thank you very much for your concern and the nice comments from other people, it is a very nice bus indeed, we can't wait to arrive and get to meet some of you guys.

Juan, put up your itinerary and maybe some potential buyers may be able to see your bus on your jaunt....

enjoy your holiday fella the weathers looking good, sun gentle breeze, green and yellow fields abound.....

Your are right Araon, I'm picking up the bus in Felixtowe from there we'll probably stay a couple of days in Cambridge before moving on to Bath , Oxford , and finally London. I am also willing to travel a bit to show the bus since I have a very flexible schedule.
I just checked the weather and it's looking very good for the upcoming days 8) , so can't wait.
Cheers.

I will be at Battlesbridge show on saturday 16th and Dubs at the Park on sunday 17th if anyone wants to see the bus.
Serious offers are welcomed as this bus needs to stay in the UK 8)

Ok so nobody fell for the other price :mrgreen: so it's time for the new one.
I will take serious offers over 8000 gbp my mobile number in the UK is 07796-061343 ask for Juan.
Here are a few more pictures

73bus041.jpg

73bus019.jpg

73bus010.jpg

73bus001.jpg

73bus021.jpg

New cover and paint for the stool and original strap

73bus023.jpg

The bus will be 8000 GBP or best nearest offer at Battlesbridge and Dubs at the park this weekend , come pick up a solid no worries bus, I been driving around on it without any problems whatsoever, you can drive this bus worry free accross the country!

Here is my 2 year old boy Mauricio with the bus in Bath.

Bath013.jpg

The wife and baby Julian.

Oxford002.jpg

I hope this weather perks up for you! :oops:

It rained on my in Bath yesterday and today but the city is beautiful here are some pictures of the bus in Bath

Bath106.jpg

Bath104.jpg

And Stonehenge, hopefully weather gets better.

Bath117.jpg

Bath116.jpg

Remember this bus has to stay in the UK so don't be shy make me a serious offer.

We got runner up for daily driver's at today's Show and Shine at Battlesbridge show, here she is looking good, see you tomorrow at Dubs at the park.

Battlesbridgeshow063.jpg

Battlesbridgeshow017.jpg

Battlesbridgeshow007.jpg

I have an offer of 7000GBP , best offer over that or first 8000GBP takes it.

Can anyone tell me how much extra will need adding to this to register it in my name over here and get it UK-legal as it were?

Thank you very much everybody for your help, good comments and interest in the bus, it sold today at Dubs at the park for the asking price very early in the day. The new owner's name is Ben , he was not familiar with this site but hopefully he will be now. He and his wife were just looking for an earlybay westfalia with cash in hand for the right bus and they found it. We will definately miss this bus :( great memories from this trip , so now it's on to the new project '71 neptune blue microbus :mrgreen: will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts