• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE: Early tailgate, rust free engine lid, interior...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Reaction score
I have the following parts for sale (I couldn't fit everything into the title!). I'll try and take pictures tomorrow.

Rust free, Texas import engine lid, absolutely rock solid though has a drilled hole, the size of a 2p where something wa mounted in the past

Very good early tailgate

Westy stool, from a 1973 continental. Very good condition original mustard fabric

Very good mustard, fabric Westfalia cushion (The long, thin, random shaped one that's always missing) from a 1973 Continental

Very good spare wheel cover, from Continental, as above

Single Dormobile bunk (from a 1970, but I guess they're all the same?)

Westfalia full width Rock and Roll bed (from a later helsinki). Again, great condition, in the orange check.

Also, non VW, but a Marley, concrete sectional double garage - 6m by 5m approx. Dismantled and ready to collect. Complete with excellent metal double width door.

Dan

Hi Dan,

What's the garage like? How old is it? Did it dismantle ok, or did any of it break, deteriorate etc? Does it have a roof, side door, windows?

Have you got any pictures of it when it was still up, or what's the model/series and I'll google for it :)

Any ideas on transporting it to Surrey?

Cheers,

Mike

could be intrested in stool pics and price would be nice.................

Very good mustard, fabric Westfalia cushion (The long, thin, random shaped one that's always missing) from a 1973 Continental

How much please? Daz

Sorry for lack of prices! I meant to have a look for what the going rate is before I posted!

Right, the garage: I bought it dismantled but a change of plans means it's back for sale (Due to the nature of the area in which I live (countryside) I have to build a garage which is of aged red brick and timber). I have no images of it, but it was dismantked by a builder (te previous owner) with everyting retained except the bolts and the middle 2 roof trusses. It has a tiles roof, a window, a metal double width door ands a rear access door. This is the exact model:

Mayfair-Windsor-Garage.jpg

I bought it for £300, so will be looking for that, or as near to it, as possible.

The engine lid - around the £80 mark seems about right

The tailgate, I have £50 - £55 in my head.

The stool - seems they go for £80 upwards

The random cushion - no idea, but they don't come up too often!

Dan

dubberdaz said:

How much please? Daz

Can i have a pic of this too please? cheers

Just charging my camera and the photo's will be up. In the mean time, my phone number is 07970 490743. All items are in Christchurch, Dorset.

Dan

Eighty would be my top line on the stool. postage £? or is it pick up only m8 pics stilll would be good :) let me no if this price is ok ta......

Ok, here are the pictures, sorry for the delay!

The bed:

AdPictures060108015.jpg

Close up of the hole cut for plug:

AdPictures060108016.jpg

How it looks with the plug:

AdPictures060108017.jpg

The side cushions:

AdPictures060108021.jpg

The rear bed cushion:

AdPictures060108018.jpg

Door skin:

AdPictures060108019.jpg

Tailgate (Not as good as I thought it was, s a tenner off the price - still very good, but I've shown the worst bit in the last picture below)

AdPictures060108014.jpg

AdPictures060108010.jpg

AdPictures060108011.jpg

The random Westfalia cushion, which really is fantastic - in fact concours!!

AdPictures060108007.jpg

AdPictures060108006.jpg

Spare wheel cover:

AdPictures060108008.jpg

Stool - no tears but needs a good scrub so £70 not £80

AdPictures060108009.jpg

Engine lid:

AdPictures060108001.jpg

The hole:

AdPictures060108005.jpg

The back of the hole:

AdPictures060108003.jpg

The perfect lip:

AdPictures060108002.jpg

Also, an original VW plastic spare wheel cover, in fantastic condition - £30:

AdPictures060108020.jpg

A pair of Westfalia mosquito net window covers - £5 - slight kink in frame of one, couple of small holes in net of other:

AdPictures060108022.jpg

Hope these help!

Dan

derek said:
Eighty would be my top line on the stool. postage £? or is it pick up only m8 pics stilll would be good :) let me no if this price is ok ta......

Hi - did you see the picture? I've dropped the price to £70 as it needs a scrub - it is totally untorn etc though. I would rather pick up to be honest - I'd imagine postage would be quite a lot!

Dan

Would love to take stool of your hands for 70. But minimum 2hour drive. u dont no anyone leicester or peterboro' bound do u as i am between both... cheers 8)

Derek, I will happily put it in a box and post at your cost if that's any good? my sister in law is from Leicester, but no idea if/when she plans to go up there.

Dan

I don't know if Dubberdaz is still interested in the cushion. If he is not, I am !
I bought one on Ebay for 15 quid + shipping, but the guy didn't send it :(

Cheers

Paddy

Paddy,

I've not heard anything yet and I still have it, so it's still available. Give me a call on 07970 490743 if you are interested.

Dan

That's the one thing I don;t have a picture of - I'll try and get one later today or tomorrow for you.

Dan

Latest posts