• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale RHD 68 tintop newly restored

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richy1

Reaction score
1968 Volkswagen Type 2 Bay window Bus

Registered UK march 1968

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/richard_parkes1/library/1968%20VW%20type%202%20Merlin?sort=3&page=1

12 Months MOT (no advisories)
Rust Free Dry stored last 3 years during back to shell bare metal restoration. Under sealed & Waxoyled
New Rubber seals all around
Rebuilt 1600 unleaded twin port engine
New Carburettor, Clutch, 009 Distributor, Monza 4 tip Exhaust, Heat Exchangers, Battery, Starter Motor, Fuel sender, Fuel pump and R9 fuel lines, Reconditioned Generator, Ignition Coil , points, condenser, rotor arm, distributor cap and leads.
CSP Front Disk Brake conversion
New Master cylinder, pads, brake lines, hoses, wheel cylinders, adjusters and linings, fitted with quick response brake lights.
New Steering centre pivot arm, track rod ends, Shock absorbers
4 New Tyres
New headlining
Recaro front seats, Mutant iPod control stereo with infinity speakers, 3 rear seat belts, Bespoke curtains and door cards new carpets.

This is a highly sought after Right hand drive bus, which has been lovingly restored to a very high standard using only best quality German parts. Many one year only parts are intact and in excellent condition. The engine runs smoothly and pulls strongly and has no end float. The steering is accurate and precise with minimal play and the brakes stop it on a sixpence. Every thing on the dashboard works thanks to hours of replacing 40+year old wiring with nice new cables. The original fuse box has been retained with the addition of a new unit to carry the higher amps stuff. The headlights have been upgraded to halogen units so that you can actually see and be seen at night and the brake lights have quick response high intensity bulbs.

open to serious offers

The bus has been valued by local VW main dealer at £18000 including HPI and VMC certificates.

The only filler in this bus is a very light skim over welding which has all been carried out by a qualified welder/fabricator.

All tinware is present vw heritage towbar being refitted this weekend

Any questions, viewings etc feel free to contact me via email [email protected]

£14250 or nearest offer,

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/richard_parkes1/embed/slideshow/1968%20VW%20type%202%20Merlin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Starts first time every time, no rust worries, everything and I mean everything has been done, the whole chassis has been cavity filled with waxoyl and under sealed. The CSP disk kit fitted to the front with new master cylinder, linings and wheel cylinders on the rear stop it on a sixpence. This is not a project or faded restoration but a freshly restored early 68 first registered march 1968 with the one year only door handles, lock buttons, skins, front beam, no hazard lights, no firewall or sound insulation between fuel tank and engine. The steering is tracked accurately with minimal play throughout the system thanks to new centre pivot, bushes and track rods. I have made sure that everything on the bus works as well if not better than when it was originally made, headlights are halogen and the brake lights are QR high intensity bulbs. There are a pair of Britax aircraft style seat belts in the front whilst the rear has two inertia and a lap belt.

Van available immediately, fully serviced and ready to go HPI clear

Added a few new photos to photobucket, hoping to take it to Busfest if I have recovered from my back surgery. The van is available immediately

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/richard_parkes1/slideshow/1968%20VW%20type%202%20Merlin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi. Can I please ask why you are selling after the bus has been restored and when it was painted? Alsi, where are u? Ta.

Hi, we're in Warwickshire, and we have literally only just finished it after owning it since 2007. We have decided to take a new direction and unfortunately due to circumstances we have to raise some capital so we are regrettably parting with our bus. We decided about 6 months ago that if we were to sell him then everything would be completed which basically meant the engine rebuild, and paintwork. He is ultra reliable and has taken us on holiday to Cornwall many times and was also used by myself as a daily driver for 2 years. In some ways it's really odd, driving around in a bright shiny straight bus it really doesn't feel like mine anymore. I never used to worry too much about where I parked it or how close others get to it or if the kids shoes are clean etc but after all the hard work and expense we feel some one else should enjoy him as much as we have.

Hope that helps and if you want to come and see him feel free to give me a call on 07818 557847 I'm available until Saturday and If I don't get to it leave a message and I will call you back

Kind regards

Rich & Claire :)

interior photos added and I've found the original gear knob and oil bath air cleaner.

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/richard_parkes1/slideshow/1968%20VW%20type%202%20Merlin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Middle bench seat to be included in sale

New pictures added after first real coat of wax applied

Available for viewings and test drives all weekend

Final shakedown running really sweetly, brake lining all bedded in so stops even better now :). Ready to go for Busfest

Hi Rich, i'll come and track you down at busfest for a look.
Cheers Nige :D

Hi Nige, trying to get the bus there, I've just had back surgery and have been told not to drive for at least 2 weeks. The post was meant to read as ready for the new owner to use for Busfest, although we're just off M6 junction 3 if you're passing on the way to Busfest. Or indeed on the way back. Feel free to call by, pm me and I'll sort you directions and have the kettle on for when you arrive.

Many thanks and apologies for the ambiguous post

Rich

Ah!!!... sorry for being presumptious! :oops:
Well, me and the 'much' better half are going to have a good look around on Saturday... if we aint too late back we may just pop in, i've taken your number down. We are junction 14 M6 so we aint too far away anyhow!
Cheers Nige

Look forward to it, we are usually up and about till late, the bus is kept in a well lit garage so you can see it any time

Cheers

Rich :)

Now on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201164367647?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_udlo%3D%26_udhi%3D%26_ftrt%3D901%26_ftrv%3D1%26_sabdlo%3D%26_sabdhi%3D%26_samilow%3D%26_samihi%3D%26_sadis%3D15%26_stpos%3D%26_sop%3D12%26_dmd%3D1%26_ipg%3D50%26_nkw%3D201164367647%26_rdc%3D1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy Bidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts