For those of you with sinks...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENKssen

Reaction score
How large are your fresh / dirty water tanks? And where are they located? I’m trying to plan the interior of my bus and not sure what sizes tanks to try and fit. Any info would be much appreciated :D

Hi ENKssen
Our fresh water tank in a 5 litre plastic container under the sink with a submersible water pump, the dirty water is piped outside the van through a hole in the floor which drains into a suitable container for disposal
will try and post some photos later

hope this helps
Cheers Bob

We have 2 10 litre plastic containers in the cupboard next to the sink, one for fresh water with a submersible pump and the other for waste.

Both my fresh and grey water tanks are outside the bus. There is a socket for a whale submersible pump on the driver's side, so I have to take the fresh container from under the sink and attach it when its needed. Pain when it's raining cats and dogs.
For waste water we use a collapsible bucket that we place under the bus next to the fresh tank, it is piped through the floor.
If I didn't have a welded on belly pan I'd probably look into relocating both of these underneath.

Coda, make sure after measuring that you remember how the entry and exits are located.
Got everything in place and forgot the above, back to square one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Nice new fresh water container and won't go in. Am going to try again when it gets warmer. :evil: :evil:
Now have a large hole in belly pan and nothing to go in. :roll: :roll:

J & P
:D :D :D

There’s usually no shortage of fresh water in Europe, so since I installed the fridge and had to remove the Westy fresh water tank (huge) I have a 5 litre container behind the passenger seat. This is linked the sink tap with a whale pump. It easy to get to and to fill up. We also buy water in bottles at supermarkets so there’s no chlorine to spoil our morning cups of tea! [emoji38]
Waste is drained out the sink pipe, outside to a 6litre black plastic container.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think ours is a 10 litre container with submersible pump in the cupboard under the sink & the waste goes straight out into a pipe which runs to a bucket underneath the van. We don't use it a great deal but it is very handy to have .

Latest posts