Found a pair of EB's worth the trouble? (warning, pic heavy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk

Reaction score
Found these in some trees. Gonna be a pain to extract. Not sure if they are worth the trouble. I can get them cheap, but I really dont know. Thoughts?

600603.jpg

600604.jpg

600602.jpg

600601.jpg

600600.jpg

I can't see much structurally wrong with them; you have to save them! They are certainly in way better condition than what I started out with. Tintop westies are pretty sought after over here, just don't know how the economics of shipping would add up if they came over as they are (if you were thinking of exporting). Get them running and tidied up and they are both potentially nice vans though.

They look good!!

Over here they would be £5k busses - in the current condition!

They do look pretty dug-in, but what makes them hard to get out? Is there no access for a vehicle with a towey? Just try and cut the weeds away then hitch up and pullllllll :party0009:

AxlFoley said:
yeah tehy are worth saving, they look quite solid.

first dibs on the overriders ;)

iwas gonna say if you dont save them and they do look in good enough shape. you could always part them out, that bumper would be worth a few quid as it is to the ratty crew.

Johnny said:
AxlFoley said:
yeah tehy are worth saving, they look quite solid.

first dibs on the overriders ;)

iwas gonna say if you dont save them and they do look in good enough shape. you could always part them out, that bumper would be worth a few quid as it is to the ratty crew.

I was going to say that, but didnt want to be the one who said it first lol

600573.jpg

Please dont seperate that bumper from its overriders ... thats beautiful :)

Yeah, it might not be cost effective in current climes to ship here, but Id deffo be in there parting them out ;)

I like the idea of mounting the spots on the overriders. I think I might do that instead! Those buses are definitely worth saving though.

From a commercial point of view I'm not sure how saveable they are, I bought a delta green bus last year in far better condition than these and nobody wants it, needs a bit of welding but not much and has great patina and its up for less than £4K. so they are definitely not worth £5K at the moment

Shipping costs have just gone up by $100 a bus and the exchange rate is not great at the moment so it all depends what the 'Good Price' is and do they have title docs with them?, if no titles you can't export them so they only become good for parts or sale in the US.

Plus you have to get them out of where they are and to the port, for which you are looking at transport costs of up to $400 a bus

Its a tough call but they are probably worth more in bits transported to the UK in 'parts haulers' (scrap buses with a title)

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but from experience not many people are prepared to take on 'project buses' with bits missing at the moment, they would rather pay more for a complete bus

Think I would agree with Graham.

If the chassis and underneath are good (noticed a few weeds inside..) then might be worth saving as running vehicles.
If not, then you would definately get your money back on the parts.

Good luck whatever you decide ;)

Got somewhere away from the wife's line of sight to to store them ?

Can you get them back there ?

If yes to both then why not ? It's either going to be an endless source of spares, some pub-money by breaking them
or sell one (the red un looks the most solid) as a resto project. No end of options really but you must get them
if you can.

My four penneth, two cents, whatever..

James

I'd go for spares too tbh - they don't look arrow straight

Maybe do a deal where you strip them down - the interiors look rough but may scrub up, things like the reflectors [round] are always a few dollars on the samba [ And I need a couple ;) ]

As the weeds are quite high - I'd anticipate rusty underneath.....so maybe as prev poster, get them local and strip - Graham at FBI might be interested in the shells - flog the parts.

shipping for a project bus is the same as a $15k ready to roll bus so as Graham says imports are tending to be running minor refresh ones right now..........

do it, it might be a pain to get them out but one of them or both might be worth saving?but you wont know untill you get them back.worst comes to worst ...strip for parts??if you have got the room??
keep us updated
8)

I would try and save them Kirk , and if you manage to could I have the net from inside the roof of the green one ;) Cheers

If it was a perfect world id have em both off of you. Restore the red one and slam and narrow the blue one :mrgreen: .
As its not il put dibbs on a clock (Time) from the dash if either of them have one :mrgreen: .

Rich

Latest posts