Fridge Flue assembley advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james_stan

Reaction score
Hi All

Merry new year etc..

Re-jigging the interior of the bus and about to fit (one of :roll: )the RM122 fridges I've had laying about for a year, but..

879644.jpg

here's the parts and I'm after some advice on how it goes together..

The blue circled bit fits to the top of then flue pipe, and then extension tube to that
but does the next cast flange (after green dashed line) fit on the outside ? And what about
the thin aluminium piece ?

Plus I have two flue kits and both have a small square rubber gaskety thing (orange circled)
- any ideas ?

Cheers all

JS

UPDATE -

Did some more web browsing and think i have some answers..

Small black gaskety thing is I think the anti-blow-out 'valve' and hangs onto a peg
on the second casting which implies that is on the outside of the van as originally thought..

.. am I getting close ? !

Cheers

JS

PS anyone know when they changed the flue on these from left hand exhaust to right hand
exhaust ? i.e. are there plenty of spare 'older' versions on teh market in case this one doesn't
work out..

Hi,
The cast tube with the flange does indeed need the flange plate on the outside. The manual states that it must be sealed with a "soft" compound to prevent water ingress.
I think the flat plate belongs to a later kit which also dispensed with the flap & used a plastic cap, with a fine mesh at its end, to cover the external end of the flue.

I found various manuals on the net which I can email to you if you need.

Phil

Hi Phil

Thanks for the reply. Nearly there, and should have some 'soft compound' somewhere ..

Cheers

JS

Latest posts