front badge help!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliott

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the holes in the front panel where the spare wheel carrier has been are correctly spaced for fitting a VW badge?

If so is it a case of buying the badge and clips then fitting?

If not i guess it will be welding them up?

Can anyone recommend where to buy a decent quality chrome or stainless badge for a 1970 bay?

Cheers
Elliott

elliott said:
Can anyone tell me if the holes in the front panel where the spare wheel carrier has been are correctly spaced for fitting a VW badge?

If so is it a case of buying the badge and clips then fitting?

If not i guess it will be welding them up?

Can anyone recommend where to buy a decent quality chrome or stainless badge for a 1970 bay?

Cheers
Elliott

They are the same on my 68. I fitted a badge from JK and the lugs matched perfectly,

hi custom and commercial do excellent front badges so if you buy that first you can test to see whether it fits the holes that are already there from you wheel holder bracket , dont forget to order the four little plastic bungs for the badge , oh and the badge will come perfectly flat so it will need to be bend it a tiny bit to fit well ........scary moment that when you dont know your own strength like me :lol:

regards
chris