Front Beam and suspansion question ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kumru1970

Reaction score
Hi everyone , I use 2.5 dropped spindles by hand made and csp adjuster . My adjusters set 1/4 lower and + 2.5 dropped spindle on front . Rear is 1 out spring plates lower . That shows on pictures ;

Consequently , I have 2 question for front beam and suspansion . First one , when I set the this adjust and lower , my beam is too lower of road and my suspansions are too soft when we load to 2 more people , I can easily hit my beam on road .

How can I fix these problems easily , and How is your beam height of the road ?

Thank you all ..

rims are 14" 175/65/14 front tries .

image upload

picture hosting

Yes , the original ball joint beam , I removed it and made csp adjuster and hand made 2.5" drop spindles 2x Monreo shocks .

The beam is too low of road I can easily hit , when I and 1 or 2 people load in :) ... advice pls

to go that low, you will need to convert to a king and link beam. It sits higher you can go lower without the beam hitting the road all the time :D

Hey,

The problem sounds similar to what I experienced with the transporterhaus spindles. You basically have too much suspension movement and the shocks are probably too soft. Does the front drop quite a lot as soon as you sit in it?

Looking at your pic it doesn't look like you're in the UK? The gaz coilover shocks improved the situation massively for me (and several others so far) and I would think they would do the same for you. It just stiffens up the front end and means the ride is still comfortable without the bumping and scraping!

Whats the distance from the arch to the floor?

dubscum said:
to go that low, you will need to convert to a king and link beam. It sits higher you can go lower without the beam hitting the road all the time :D
But , I live in Turkey , There is no T1 bus any more and parts . Otherwise transportation to others country prices are very expensive . I can't get link beam :(

67westy said:
Hey,

The problem sounds similar to what I experienced with the transporterhaus spindles. You basically have too much suspension movement and the shocks are probably too soft. Does the front drop quite a lot as soon as you sit in it?

Looking at your pic it doesn't look like you're in the UK? The gaz coilover shocks improved the situation massively for me (and several others so far) and I would think they would do the same for you. It just stiffens up the front end and means the ride is still comfortable without the bumping and scraping!

First of all , My question was for the beam's end point to road point . For example my beam 8 cm to floor . Can you tell yours ?

Yes my suspansion movement too much and Confort is very good and flexible and I like it this lower height , I thought the coilovers but this way is expensive im my country . If I run the top up adjusters , my problem can fix but in this situation bus remains high .

what part of your beam is hitting ??? i ground down my end plates as they were hitting the ground...

kumru1970 said:
dubscum said:
But , I live in Turkey , There is no T1 bus any more and parts . Otherwise transportation to others country prices are very expensive . I can't get link beam :(

67westy said:
Hey,

First of all , My question was for the beam's end point to road point . For example my beam 8 cm to floor . Can you tell yours ?

Yes my suspansion movement too much and Confort is very good and flexible and I like it this lower height , I thought the coilovers but this way is expensive im my country . If I run the top up adjusters , my problem can fix but in this situation bus remains high .

It sounds like you want it all like the rest of us. Low, Comfortable, Affordable. Sorry to say but it just doesn't work that way. Raise it up or spend the money and upgrade.

Drop spindles give you a lovely stock like ride and low style when the roads are good... but are pretty shit on really bumpy roads.

I know.. I have 3.5" dropped spindles and there are loads of speed bumps and bumpy roads near me :lol: .

When I have more than two adults in my bus it rubs a bit and the beam sometimes hits the roads too, if Turkish roads are really bumpy you are just going to have to raise it a bit... sorry

Other things you can do to help:

1. As 68oldskool said you could grind an inch or so of the bottom of the beam, but your anti roll bar may then start to hit. I haven't done this but the road is slowly doing it for me :D $

2. Raise it on your adjusters $0

3. If you have good metal work skills you could make an extension/modified bracket to increase the height of your bump stops, so these bottom out before your beam hits the ground $

4. Drive slower $0

5. As dubsum recommends save up and go get a link pin beam $$$$ (the best option when funds allow)

6. Decent coil overs as 67westy said $$ http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or just don't worry too much, it looks cool!

Latest posts