FRONT BEAM REMOVAL

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andytommo

Reaction score
Hi has anyone any tips on front beam removal and were i can get one for a 69 bay i dont know if it is repareable it is rusted through were the tube meets the plate but only the outer caseing at the end

They frequently come up on eBay - in various conditions and prices!

You could post a wanted ad here on the forum, or you could try the likes of FBI (Swansea I think) or one of the other parts importers/breakers - they all import from dry states/Australia/South Africa so you'd get a good solid beam.

The other alternative would be to buy a new, narrowed beam.

I'd post a wanted ad and check eBay first, you might find one just down the road from you!!

;)

find scottwilson on here top guy bring stuff in from SA.

otherwise yeah go for narrowed or ebay

don't forget to undo the clutch cable. I forgot this and was the very hard to see it was stopping the beam from coming out, in the dark.

Justin & Muttley said:
radish said:
don't forget to undo the clutch cable. I forgot this and was the very hard to see it was stopping the beam from coming out, in the dark.

I did this too! :lol: :lol:

And me :mrgreen:

Glad I'm not the only one.

Hi I know you took out your front beam out. But how did you get it out as i'm having trouble budging mine how did you manage to remove it, or any tips.

Latest posts