Front calipers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killaybay

Reaction score
Front calipers shot, pistons stuck, scored, corroded the lot. Has any one used the conversion kit from JK to fit later calipers on an early bay? Any tips?

Yeh i have fitted them as well no probs :) although the bolts supplied were to long so had to use the old ones
my old calipers were pretty much the same condition as yours :roll:

cheers shaun

Personaly I would use longer fixing bolts cos they dont go very far into the threads ,you need to trim back plate as caliper is larger.

Hi :D
If you decide to go down this route,I have a set of spacers/bolts that I bought for mine but managed to find a pair of Calipers so didn't use them.£12.00 posted ....Dave

67panel said:
Personaly I would use longer fixing bolts cos they dont go very far into the threads ,you need to trim back plate as caliper is larger.

The bolts would only go in so far and then there would be something stopping them from going right down almost like they have to be the exact length of the thread :?

cheers shaun

Thanks all,

will try and get originals but if not will go down conversion route.

Did mine last year and had clearance problems on the hub. My yank import had Jap discs/hubs and the calipers fouled on the cast in makers marks.
Ground the markings away and still fouled. Spoke to JK and was told than sometimes grinding the caliper body is necessary. Very carefully took off as little as I could get away with. Clearance is less than 1mm but a year on, no problems.

New calipers are larger than old so have had to trim back plate and grind 3 mil off calipers

Latest posts