Front child hammock

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbear

Reaction score
Anybody oh here purchased a child hammock from 'germancarcompany' on eBay? Comes complete with poles etc for £50ish.
Seems a bit cheap, any info would be good.
Cheers,Brett.

I've gotta buy one this year too. Where are the fixing points and are the brackets always fixed in place, are they ugly ?
And does anyone know if its suitable for just one child or can two fit in ?

This is the justkampers set up. Not my pics. You need to drill the front pillars to mount the brackets. I'm not sure if they stay there when the hammock is down. I would assume they do. You might also have mounting issues with none standard or late bay seats. Only suitable for one child but you can always sleep another on the floor.

100_1694.jpg

100_1696.jpg

100_1692.jpg

My westy has already got the brackets in place, I need to purchase one with the rods included, hence why i looked at this one on ebay. I know rackhams do them but they work out a bit steep with the rods. I believe that if you have non standard seats you could tilt them forward or remove the headrests?

Hi - try sussexkampers on here! I got an og, westy one from them for £50 delivered - in great condition too 8)

I bought one from eBay described as "heavy duty" and said it held more weight than the JK one. forget from who? I could check history though. It's really good!

I also bought one from justkampers, much thinner material. I sent it back!

Bought the Bluebird one and very pleased with the quality. Ned to drill holes into the A and B pillars but I found some grommets in Halfords that cover the holes when not used.

P9110217.jpg

P9110224.jpg

Oh.go.on.then said:
This is the one I bought and would recommend. The canvas is very strong and much thicker than the JK one. eBay item no 160728302770

Ah, thanks for that. Think I'll get one of those.

There was one in the bus when i brought it Seems really heavy duty We mainly use it for storing bags pillows bedding etc when away Im sure we have more weight on there than a small child

is it me or does that one look a bit to slack?
once a child got in they would be stuck in a dip at the bottom

norm said:
is it me or does that one look a bit to slack?
once a child got in they would be stuck in a dip at the bottom

I think the tension can be adjusted on most of the hammocks by rolling the poles before attaching, don't quote me on that though.

95E7F32A-D710-45AF-9F81-DC767E2AFE27-11878-00000E623363DB30.jpg

I like the look of this one from a previous link, the brown/beige canvas looks a little bit more forgiving, although this one does look very tight? Can anyone confirm that they can be adjusted?

i just thought i'd add to this,i got my poles off ebay (i think they're late devon)

image-2_zps2e8472a5.jpg

fitted into the holes on the A/B pillars that have always been there,we just had the canvass made up

image_zpsbf0c4783.jpg

here's the other half testing it out

image-1_zps4612b59a.jpg

its a bit saggy but its only for the dog and a bit of storage space

Latest posts