Front hub Inner Bearing seal size for Brazilian Bay spindles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yachty

Reaction score
Usually all at sea and three sheets to the wind!
Having trouble finding an inner bearing hub seal to fit my brazilian bay dropped spindles.

The spindles have the spacer built in and its only 45mm instead of the usual 50mm.

Anyone on here running brazilian bay spindles? What seal did you use?

Thanks in advance ;)

No Radish.

Its the inner spacer diameter thats the problem.

The seal fits perfect in the hub (disc hubs are the same 71-79) but then doesn't seal around the inner spacer as its a smaller diameter than 68-79 spindles which had the 50mm OD press on spacer.

On Brazilian spindles, the spacer is machined as part of the spindle and it has a 5mm smaller OD.

I've actually got a mate in Rio, so I'm going to ask him to go to his local motor factors and ask for a Brazilian bay window front wheel bearing kit to see whats in it :mrgreen:

Got em :D
58F2F81C-12FE-493A-9386-D9DD521D57FB-961-000000F3B0CB2279.jpg

Original top, new below.

Well, there you go!

Whilst looking for something else, found the correct size seal on Heritage quite by accident.

Its heritage part number 211405641C

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Hub-seal-front-T2-Bay-Drum-on-Split-65mm-od-45mm-id-211405641C_act_shop.product_pID_59329279_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The width is greater by 1mm but I doubt that will matter given the width of the spacer. How I missed this last week I'll never know, I was looking everywhere :roll:

Sorry dubdubz, you are totally correct, the spindles have the same spacer measurement (I missed your point yesterday :roll: )....just the drums/discs that are different by 1mm OD.

Anyway, I got mine down here now and so saved on postage, but hope this helps the next guy ;)

I have 64-67 spindles [I think] and I'm going to put late bay brakes on so will the seals you found on heritage fit the disc hubs?

going to make an adapter to fit the calipers... similar to how the 944 peeps do it

64-67 spindle shafts are tapered. The earlier ones have straight shafts. If you look at the different years on the transporter house website, it's easy to see the differences.

These seals have the correct dimensions for the late bay hub outer Diameter and the 64-67 spindle spacer Inner Diameter so should fit fine. Bay seals are only 8mm wide but I don't think that will be a problem and I'm assuming these are 9mm because maybe the spacer on 64-67 spindles are a bit deeper.

BTW, if you drop Mark at Gingerbuses an email, he may be able to help you out with some calliper adapters to fit wilwood 4 pot calipers to your spindles. I bought a kit off him a couple of years back for my crewie.

Latest posts