Front seat belts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panalvan

Reaction score
One of my front seat belts has decided to stop working so I'm up for replacements what are people using I like inertia ones there for a 1970 westy
Cheers Chris

Hi there, I`ve replaced mine in the last couple of years with the standard issue ones available from all suppliers and I got to say i`m not very impressed with them. They chafe a little and have a nasty habit of gradually tightening up to the point where as they are just plain uncomfortable. I`m in the market for some new ones myself and am gonna have some custom ones made just as soon as I finish bolting things together in the rear in the rock and roll department. Then I`ll get some nice matching ones made up but in a more interesting colour. The place I had recommended to me was called Planet Seatbelts or Seatbelt universe or something like that, I think it`s a stateside outfit that actually makes them themselves and the options are almost limitless. Someone will likely be along to confirm the real name of them, that`ll be someone with a few more greycells left than me :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nice bright ones,,, so i don`t forget to wear them :mrgreen:

Hi there, I`ve replaced mine in the last couple of years with the standard issue ones available from all suppliers and I got to say i`m not very impressed with them. They chafe a little and have a nasty habit of gradually tightening up to the point where as they are just plain uncomfortable. I`m in the market for some new ones myself and am gonna have some custom ones made just as soon as I finish bolting things together in the rear in the rock and roll department. Then I`ll get some nice matching ones made up but in a more interesting colour. The place I had recommended to me was called Planet Seatbelts or Seatbelt universe or something like that, I think it`s a stateside outfit that actually makes them themselves and the options are almost limitless. Someone will likely be along to confirm the real name of them, that`ll be someone with a few more greycells left than me :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nice bright ones,,, so i don`t forget to wear them :mrgreen:

I had a full set of period static belts with chrome buckles made last year for my crewcab, and I would thoroughly recommend the company that made them.
http://www.fdts-seatbelts.co.uk/

They obviously do inertia belts as well as static ones, and have a huge range of webbing colours available.

Very helpful and easy to deal with.

Seatbelt Planet in the US.
Ordered some inertia with chrome latch belts for my cab and they look amazing. Haven't installed them yet but delivery and customer service was excellent.

I second fdts, they are fantastic. I drove in the day before I wanted to go camping and they came out showed me samples that I could match to the paintwork in the daylight then they cut a full set of five belts to my preferred length. They fitted them into the inertia reel holders I'd fitted from JK. All I had to do was bolt the bits to the van as they weren't insured to do that. It also helps that they are less than a mile from home :)

Picture of my belt from fdts https://instagram.com/p/aOQYTfm4In/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts