Fuel cutoff valve next to filter?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70-CA-Panel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fuel filter was always in the engine bay, but am moving it to near the gearbox.

Has anybody installed a fuel cut off valve infront of the filter to make changes more pleasant?

Does anybody have pictures or distances where is good?

Where did you find the valve?

Cheers.

Andy

wow spent two hours tracking across town to find a simple inline shutoff valve, and still didn't come home with one...

after searching the net for a while I found a uk distributor of these.

https://www.catalyst-findit.co.uk/i...bc16c273aae&vat=ex&dest=listing&p=1745&page=1

Don't look ideal with a plastic handle and the tripple barbed ends, but might have to do unless one of you knows where I can get a valve with a nipple end...

All this to protect the expensive biofuel line from getting screwed up pushing a pencil in the line to stop the flow when changing the filter.

Cheers.

Andy

I was considering doing this but thought it was a little overkill.

I just use the old school method: needle-nose molegrips with a couple of long sockets to protect the hose.

http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=solenoid%20shut%20valve&PN=Filter_shut%2doff_valves_and_filter_elements%2ehtml#a1_21SBIG_2dPET_2dSHUT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also functions as a fuel shut off valve when you want to stop an engine fire...ignition OFF = no fuel flow...can be wired through a separate ON/OFF switch as an anti-theft device...

Rob

I sent the one from Tinley back as it got very hot in operation.
Replace with a Ducal (spelling?) one I seem to remember.
Wired in series to the fuel pump and a inertia cut out switch so it stops fuel flow in a shunt or if I turn the ignition off.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

hi Jon - thanks for that info - I've not noticed hot running on my valve from Tinley - it gets warm but not 'hot' - I'll keep checking now that you've raised the matter
cheers
Rob

Rob, it may be fine but if relies upon the fuel flow to cool it. I did not fancy that. The one I have did not get significantly warm when left energised for a 10 mins.
Still can't remember the brand, something like ducal cost about 45 squid.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts