Fuel Gauge, Dash Lights and Oil Pressure Light

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark. Really appreciate that. Gonna do this in the morning, will post my findings tomorrow. Enjoy the weekend. Thanks again. Chris.

Todster said:
Chris
No problem buddy. I wanted to check mine out, and this gave me an excuse. :)

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark. Tested resistance and came out at 24.4. Don't know whether this is good or bad?

[photobucket] [/photobucket]

Just connected a crocodile clip from earth terminal behind dash and needle jumps to full so does that mean I have a bad/broken earth or faulty sender? Sorry to take up your time with this.

So,
Sender seems to be working and showing three quarters of a tank, the gauge looks like it is working too. Are you sure the plastic thingy that holds the spade in the back of the dash is insulating the spade from the dash when it is all together?

This doesn't make sense, it all seems to be working as individual bits, but when you put it together it doesn't

Try putting the sender lead back on the spade and give it a wiggle whilst you look at the gauge.

Cheers
Mark

Todster said:
So,
Sender seems to be working and showing three quarters of a tank, the gauge looks like it is working too. Are you sure the plastic thingy that holds the spade in the back of the dash is insulating the spade from the dash when it is all together?

This doesn't make sense, it all seems to be working as individual bits, but when you put it together it doesn't

Try putting the sender lead back on the spade and give it a wiggle whilst you look at the gauge.

Cheers
Mark
Just tried wiggling but nothing happened. The earth terminal now has an insulated spade but the sender lead doesnt have any type of plastic sheaf. The only plastic sheath I have is on the speedo lead. My brother in law thinks it might be because the tank is overly full which is why its registering as zero. The needle moves ever do slightly when the ignition is switched on. Just cleaned all the earth terminals that I can get to. Hmm :?

Read this with intereset , trying to find some clues.... anyone able to offer some advice?

'72 Early Bay x-over Dormobile dashboard power supply 'fail'.

Engine starts and all external lights inc. hazard warning flash seem fine with ignition on except I've got no working indicators and no dash warning lights, i.e. generator, high beam, oil pressure etc.
The clock backlighting works but there is no supply to the warning lights & fuel gauge (gauge 'fail' was the problem in the first place!!).

I don't 'do' electrickery so some help & guidance would be great!

Cheers in advance

Gary

Latest posts