Fuel Gauge

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bus'n'Bug

Reaction score
Hi there, :( I'm looking for a bit of advice and help with respect of our fuel gauge on our 1970 bay. We have just had to remove the dashboard panel to do something else with a split charge relay and on putting the dash on we noticed that the fuel gauge would not register, when we had a fiddle with the connection it just went from 100% empty to 100% full and always came to rest on 100% empty. The connection clasp did not appear to be loose but the small black bracket that was fixed into the back of the gauge was moving. I have been told that this is a sealed unit and impossible to repair.

So the upshot is we need a new one but i'll be dammed if i can find what we want on the internet. :(

If anyone has any ideas or knowledge on how to fix this problem or knows how I can source a second hand one could you please let me know as I dont like the idea of going away to the up and coming festivals and not knowing how much is in the tank.

Many thanks
Miche :)

Its always the small, tiny, untracable parts which are the hardest to find I think wolfsburg west does alot of standard parts for vws but im not sure. hope you can find that fuel gauge.

Latest posts