Fuel guage not working... where to check?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Can't remeber if I asked about this already.

But basically my fuel guage doesn't work, and now I'm running a fairly thirsty motor, and have a trip to EBI planned, where do I look to try and get it working?

Are the wires from the sender on top of the tank, or are they accessible?

Also, which wires are they behind the dash?

Cheers,
Ollie

Pick your model on here for the details.

http://www.vintagebus.com/

The fuel sender is in the top of the tank and cannot be got at without either removing the engine or cutting a hole in the floor for access. There is a connector behind the fan housing which comes out from behind the fire wall this is the sender feed. In theory if you earth the wire to the sender the gauge should read full if so then your sendir probably at fault.

There are two spade connectors behind the speedo on mine. One of them was loose so I just cleaned it up crimped it a bit and hey presto working fuel guage! It was an easy fix which is how I like it. (Normally I waste loads of time on the wrong bit so I was chuffed when this worked)

wonderbus said:
There are two spade connectors behind the speedo on mine. One of them was loose so I just cleaned it up crimped it a bit and hey presto working fuel guage! It was an easy fix which is how I like it. (Normally I waste loads of time on the wrong bit so I was chuffed when this worked)

I like those fixes (after years of going the long way) My favourite is a blocked idle jet. :wink:

Latest posts