Fuel tank breather pipes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bug67

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some advice on where to connect the metal breather pipes in the engine bay. The pipes are currently open ended and not connected to anything with a large gap in the middle?
Presumably these are normally joined together and tee into the air filter. Unfortunately this is not currently possible as the bus has dual 34 carbs with no connection.
How do i safely connect the breather pipes back up to avoid vapour going into the engine bay.
The bus is a 71 LHD type 4 engine

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the info. How do I connect the pipe to the filter? The filters are on Weber 34 ICTs (metal pancake type filters) with no connections?

The metal breathers are currently open ended probably in line with each carb roughly. Would you suggest only one connection to one filter via a tee or can I connect one end of each breather to each filter? I presume standard fuel hole would be suitable?

Thanks again

Use these to connect to the air filter.

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Breather-vents-for-r-cover-pr-AC1019164_act_shop.product_pID_130972.htm?crumbStartPage=3&crumbStartRow=53" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the link. I have attached a pic below. I will see what size pipe is available to connect onto the metal breathers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zujeze7e.jpg

Whilst I'm sorting the breathers any ideas where the one circled in red goes to

Latest posts