Fuse box location for a '72 x-over (RHD)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gninnam

Reaction score
Looking for pics/info etc on the correct location of the fuse box in a right hand drive '72 crossover as I know mine is not in the right place :)

Cheers

thejinx said:
Don’t know if it’s right but mine is passenger side lightly lower than the dash

Sounds better than mine. Mine is screwed to the metal passenger air tube - 'suppose you don't have a picture?

I may be wrong but I think the correct position was on the left side(passenger) up under the dash out of sight.
Sure as someone will tell us. :lol: :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

thejinx said:

Excuse the wiring but just added a new washer button and amplifier

Yes - very scruffy :lol:
Thanks - OK. Mine is mounted a bit higher so will address :D

sparkywig said:
Yours should be mounted as the pic, Andy.
They moved from the dash edge to the fresh air duct in 1970MY, also changed from 10 to 12 fuse ways with relays.

Thanks Si - mine is the 12 fuse way with the relays so al good.
Will check the positioning as want to alter some cables to make it fit better and look neater (also got some cable tidy)
Work area is behind the dash so will see what I can do there first.

Just popped out and took this. Above that air duct. You know mines a 72 Crossover too. May be right, but not researched it at all. Couldn’t get more in to the pic......sorry. Edit: passenger side.

Started my wiring prior to lockdown a mate of mine is a wizz at routing wiring and using that shrinking stuff. Problem is we are in Wales. On the plus side this thread got me thinking about my fuze box cover and I’ve just gone and found it. Every cloud etc

graysummers said:

Just popped out and took this. Above that air duct. You know mines a 72 Crossover too. May be right, but not researched it at all. Couldn’t get more in to the pic......sorry. Edit: passenger side.

Brilliant - knew I could trust you to come up with the goods
Will have a good look tomorrow and see if I have a hole in a similar place to mount it.

Latest posts