Gadgets Speed Shop presents The Citrus Valley Campground Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arise Sir Deano: Utmost respect to you fella!

Were the rear seatbelt mounts for 3-point belts as I need to sort something similar for my bus.

You've also given me an idea for my bus too, and you might get an email from me in the next day or so ;) lol!

Thanks guys for all your words :D I will get some interior shots up, as Soon as Ive finished moving to my new BIGGER workshop :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MCvw the inner bolts are for the buckle on a 3 point belt yes the reel end would be at the window ;) , If you listen to vw folks generally then everyone can '' Modify'' Vw's whether the do it safely or not ??? ;)

just want to say saw the bus last weekend at vanfest,and to your credit mate it really is a stunner,hard work paid off,well done son !!!!!! :D

Want to see this one in the flesh, until you see all the pictures its hard to imagine just how much has had to be done to get it to look this good, thanks for sharing

Gadget Boy said:
Dave, unfortunatly I didnt see much of the show I really wanted to catch you for a sneaky pint and check out Your bus too :oops:
No worries deano,sure we will cross paths sooner or later mate,looking like mines heading back to Guy and the boys for a Tweak or two after seein you lot !!!! :D :D

I had a chance to ride on the back seat of this bus around Vanfest site and felt like a Rock Star , truly amazing all the attention this bus was getting at the show.
I prefer stock buses but this one is just soooo cool and just what the doctor ordered 8)
Hats off to you Deano.

Here are my pictures of this bus.

ace08ac1.png

78a11584.png

7d4c03d9.png

5d8239c1.png

952790cb.png

477aecb6.png

9b7fb3fc.png

ib-bus said:

Could see the potential in this bus when Tim found it and brought it over. Knew it had changed hands but wasn't aware you had got your mits on it Dean!
Got to say, it don't look too shabby fella.
Just imagine how good it would have looked if you'd put a bit of effort in and a few hours graft.
Not bad at all mate. ;)
(understatement of the year) :D

Id just like to say a Big Thanks to Peter Gee for all his help over the last week , Because without him I would never have been able to move to bigger premises :mrgreen:

The new bigger workshop is NOW open folks and can fit more buses than ever ;)

For ALL your Early Bay needs :D In a dedicated Bay window only workshop

Gadget ;)

Gadget Boy said:
Id just like to say a Big Thanks to Peter Gee for all his help over the last week , Because without him I would never have been able to move to bigger premises :mrgreen:

The new bigger workshop is NOW open folks and can fit more buses than ever ;)

For ALL your Early Bay needs :D In a dedicated Bay window only workshop

Gadget ;)
Congrats on the new premises mate,wish you all best in your "Bay Only" Zone Mr Gadget !!!!pretty sure you will be busy with the sort of quality your turnin out ...... ;) ;) cheers Daveee......

Updates .....
So over the past few weeks its still a tad hectic, But On Tuesday 12/10/10 I dropped the bus off at Spirit Interiors at Junc 9 of the M42 for a full headliner ( Formly Spirir of the 50s ). Ive known Dave Tatton for the best part of 16 years now and trust him completly, there is only one man for a headliner IMHO ;) Its made completely from scratch NO kits or anything its all made and fitted by Dave and its Tight...... A rare thing in bus headliners as usually there are very few people who get it Spot On ...... I will do nearly everything Bus related But sometimes You really have to give it over to guys who do this trimmimg stuff day in and day out .

This is a full deluxe headliner and it wasnt cheap, But there are 8 pieces and its all hand made and fitted . The price is for a fully stripped out bus with the windows still in as dave removes these and No cupboards or curtain rails etc . The price is £ 650 which when you realise its made from scratch and Looks as good as This Im very happy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: It has totally transformed the looks of the Bus :D

Check the pics out guys

DSC04431.jpg

DSC04428.jpg

Just before the front windscreen went back in :D

DSC04438.jpg

Above the drivers door ......

DSC04440.jpg

All this detail is going to be hidden behind the Westy Campmobile cupboard BUT I know its right, And thats what matters ;)

DSC04441.jpg

Detail around the middle window drivers side, you can see the multiple pieces that make up a deluxe bay headliner . I think its 7 or 8 pieces totally .

DSC04442.jpg

The rear panels will for the most part be hidden by the westy rear cupboard but usually they have the fragile white fiberglass covers over the hinges

Also big news at Last I got my registration number and I ordered the plates from Polar plates in No 2 style silver :D

So here she is with the new plates on ...........

DSC04435.jpg

DSC04437.jpg

Im damn well chuffed :mrgreen:

Gadget

Latest posts