Gap in my rock and roll bed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobtronics

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a full width rock and roll bed in my van that has a 2" gap where the bottom and back should meet. Something is not quite right so maybe someone could give me some advice please? :?

Below are some pictures of the seat/bed

rearseat.jpg

rearseatdimensions.jpg

bed.jpg

The seat has a width of 54 1/2" (1380mm) and is 6 1/2" (160mm) deep. As you can see from the dimensioned photo above the bottom is larger (21 1/2") than the back (19 1/2"), is this right?

When set out as a bed there are no gaps. Below are some photos of the hinges and the supports.

righthandhinge.jpg

righthandsupport.jpg

Although the gap doesn't stop the seat or bed functioning, I'd like to get rid of it.

Guessing that the gap is so that when your opening / closing the bed you dont have to squash the cushions.
If its all good when the bed is open then i would put a throw or something over it to hide the gap

I think it because the new covers pull the foam in a radius round the corners. The og seat covers had squared edges. These would fill the gap better.

Cali_bay said:
I think it because the new covers pull the foam in a radius round the corners. The og seat covers had squared edges. These would fill the gap better.

Agree, but turning both cushions around so the radiused edges are the other way round would solve the problem. It was probably intended to be that way anyway.

Des

Latest posts